I’m a research scientist at the RIKEN Center for Advanced Intelligence Project, affiliated with the Approximate Bayesian Inference team and a core member of the Bayes Duality project. Before that, I was a postdoctoral researcher working with Emtiyaz Khan. I completed my PhD in the Computer Vision Group at TU Munich under the guidance of Daniel Cremers.
My current research focuses on the design and analysis of new algorithms to improve deep learning via Bayesian principles, with the aim to develop methods that are robust, adaptable and more interpretable.
- Sep 22, 2023. One paper accepted at NeurIPS 2023. See you in New Orleans in December!
- Sep 14, 2023. I gave an invited talk at the JST CREST Yoshida Khan Workshop, University of Tokyo.
- Aug 24, 2023. I will serve as an area chair for AISTATS ‘24 and ICLR ‘24.
- Aug 1, 2023. The ICML 2023 workshop on duality principles was a success! Here are the slides of all talks.
- Jul 22 - 29, 2023. I’ll be attending ICML in Hawaii, reach out if you want to catch up or have a chat!
- May 25, 2023. I gave two invited lectures on Bayesian deep learning at UNIST AIGS (Ulsan, Korea) and at SungKyunKwan University (Seoul, Korea).
- May 24, 2023. The deadline for our ICML 2023 workshop on duality principles for modern ML has been extended until May 29th, anywhere on earth.
- April 7, 2023. The call for papers for our ICML 2023 workshop on duality principles for modern ML is out now!
- April 1, 2023. I got promoted, and am now a tenured research scientist at RIKEN. Thanks to all my collaborators who made this possible!
- Mar 17, 2023. Our workshop on ‘Duality Principles in Modern Machine Learning’ got accepted at ICML 2023.
- Mar 15 - 19, 2023. I am visiting the Computer Vision Group at TU Munich.
- Mar 11, 2023. I will be at the joint Vietnam-Japan AI Workshop (April 20 – April 22), at AISTATS in Valencia (April 25 – April 28) and at ICLR in Kigali (May 1 – May 5). Please reach out if you want to meet up for a chat.
See older news.